Packaging Policy Collaborative
Exploring the complex legislative landscape of policy related to packaging sustainability and end of life.
This Collaborative’s purpose is to discuss the complex legislative landscape of policy related to packaging sustainability and end of life. All SPC members are facing similar questions about what’s going on, what it means, how to prepare, and more. This collaborative will bring interested members together to discuss questions, share experiences, identify needs for education, collaboration, and action.
Want to Join this Collaborative?
SPC Collaboratives are open to all members of the SPC. We would like to gather diverse perspectives on this topic.
Join this collaborative if you meet any of the following:
- Work in policy, government affairs, compliance, or related areas at your organization
- Find yourself tasked with making sense of the current landscape of regulations and legislation, and how to prepare for implementation
- Have questions about the current and future impacts of policy and would like to learn more
- Current state of packaging related policy
- Understanding level of interest in specific policy (EPR, labeling, bans, chemicals of concern, recycled content, etc.)
- Discuss specific challenges related to new regulations
- Identify resources needed
- How to prepare for implementation
- Concerns and questions
Join our First Meeting!
Thursday, December 8th @ 1pm-2pm ET
Goal of the first meeting: Understand the priorities of members when it comes to policy related to packaging in order to tailor the content of a collaborative to provide value, clarity, and resources to support members.
The first meeting will include a brief overview of the collaborative plan and structure, followed by a guided discussion to hear from members on what the direction the group should take, including polls to gather input and help understand the needs.
Are you a current SPC member who wants to join the Collaborative?